Monday, January 12, 2015

Work, work, work. Is that all there is?







My first working experiences were in the food industry on a major university campus. It was hard work. That was followed by service in the military.

In the early nineties I worked as a county clerk. It was mentally demanding and high pressure. I made decent money and had benefits but I had to deal, on a daily basis, with abrasive and unappreciative people both as coworkers and clients. The schedule was fine since it rarely wavered from the daily eight hours a day during the week.

When my autoworker husband got a transfer out of state I took retirement to move with him. I figured with my experience, I would have no problem finding work in my field. When I started out with the county, I was just a temp. They hired me permanently after a lengthy period in order to fill a position. That should have been a clue. When we moved I was in my forties. I could not find a decent job. Most vacancies were filled in from the inside. I truly believe that my age was also a factor.

When my husbands’ factory began hiring temporary workers I applied and got hired. If you’ve ever toured an auto assembly plant, the work looks easy. The workers move at a seemingly calm pace. Let me tell you that working on an assembly line is anything BUT easy. It’s rushed, the entire time. You have a set pattern of repeated sequences for every vehicle, again and again. After a few months I decided that I’d had enough.

After that little experiment, I went to work for the US Post Office. It was a different kind of work with different pressures and different egos to deal with. That job lasted longer but eventually it too, came to an end.

With little hope of finding a satisfying ‘real’ job I began trying different ‘work at home’ opportunities. I learned that there are lot’s of scams out there. There are product companies that, while they don’t tell you that you have to host parties and create events, if you DON’T do that you won’t succeed. There are opportunities where you simply sell others a money making ‘system.’ None of them worked for me.

Well now I’m happy to say that I’ve found something that works and I’m making money with it. I am a sales consultant for Jewelry in Candles (JIC). JIC is a wonderful company that sells all natural soy candles and wax tarts that come with a piece of jewelry hidden inside. The scents are incredible and they last longer than your paraffin wax candle. The company has excellent training available and a wonderful support system. So you CAN make money from home. Quit beating yourself up working for someone else and work from home! Find out how and Join My Team!

#JICRocks #candles #DiscoverJIC #LOVEJIC

No comments:

Post a Comment